Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Using what I know

WALT: think about what I already know before I start reading

Success Criteria:
  • I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
  • I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
  • I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
  • I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read

How I am going

I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
Kerri thinks



I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read
Kerri thinks



Reflection

Thinking about what I already know helps me because: it helps me to get my brain ready for reading so I know what I am going to read about. It helps me to understand what I am reading.

It was really hard when: I have to figure out the tricky words.

Something that really helped me was: taking about the words and looking for parking s of the words that I know.

Something new I learned was: some new words. It is important to talk and think before I start reading.

Kerri Thinks
Before we start reading we do a lot of talking and thinking. This is all about our proir knowledge - what we alredy know. With support and prompting you share your ideas during these chats. I love that you are becoming happier to share your ideas during and after reading. I think you listen during group chats and use what you learn to help you understand what you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment